Cooking and baking gluten free shouldn’t need to be anything but fun. Here’s some top trending gluten free recipes we’ve discovered to help you on your journey.
Delicious Vegetable Soup
This is a delicious choice for the colder months, to keep you warm and full. Try it with a couple of slices of our famous Home St Bread.
Time: 1 hr 25 min
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of garlic finely minced
- 1 cup of chopped leeks
- 1 cup of broken-up green beans
- 1 cup of peeled, chopped carrots
- 2 cups of peeled, diced potatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of peeled and chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. When hot, add garlic, leeks and a pinch of salt. Wait approximately 6-7 minutes until softened.
- Add beans, carrots and potatoes. Continue to cook for 4-5 more minutes, with occasional stirring.
- Add stock and increase the heat to high, bringing to a simmer.
- Add pepper and tomatoes.
- Lower the heat (to low), cover and cook for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and add the parsley and lemon juice.
- Season with kosher salt.
No Flour Chocolate Cake
This beautiful dessert will go down well as an after dinner treat, or as part of a wider platter. Consider serving with some of our chocolate chip cookies for a very chocolatey heaven.
Time: 3 hr 50 min
(15 mins active)
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 1.5 cups of chopped chocolate
- ¼ cup of packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- Dash of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 160° C.
- Spray cooking spray across a springform pan and line bottom with a circle od parchment. Coat top of paper with spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Prevent burning by stirring every 45 seconds. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixer bowl, beat the brown sugar, eggs and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, add vanilla extract, cocoa powder and salt. Slowly drizzle in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour the batter into the pan, smooth the top. Be careful to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Bake for approximate 50 minutes, or until the top is just set. Remove and allow to cool, then chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with gluten-free compliments.